Q&M to acquire 47% stake in China-based dental laboratory business

Q&M Dental Group

Q&M to acquire 47% stake in China-based dental laboratory business

By: 
Jeffrey Tan
07/06/16, 07:45 am

SINGAPORE (June 7): Q&M Dental Group is seeking to buy a 47.14% equity interest in Shenzhen New Perfect Dental Research (SZNP) for RMB66 million ($13.75 million).

SZNP is a China-based dental prosthetic devices provider, focusing on custom-making prostheses for individual dental patients.

It currently operates 16 dental laboratories in 15 Chinese cities, including Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Dongguan, Wenzhou, Hangzhou and Ningbo.

Advertisement

Q&M entered into a binding memorandum of understanding on Tuesday with Shenzhen New Perfect Industry, Peng Hui Chang, Peng Jian Chang and Guo Yu Chun for the proposed acquisition.

Q&M says the proposed acquisition will give Q&M an “effective interest of 33% in the dental laboratory business that are carried out by 15 subsidiaries of SZNP”.

This will provide synergy to its main dental services business and is in line with its expansion into dental-related industries in China.

Shares of Q&M ended higher at 76 cents on June 6.

sentifi.com

Sentifi - The Edge Markets Singapore - Top themes and market

Second Chance Properties sells Haig Road retail unit for $10 mil

SINGAPORE (June 22): Second Chance Properties’ subsidiary, Super Chance Properties is selling its retail unit at 12 Haig Road, #01-323 for a total consideration of $10 million. The developer says downward pressure on rental income in the Paya Lebar area could have a negative impact on its unit. In the last couple of years, Second Chance noted that redevelopment in the area has increased. “New malls like the One KM and Paya Lebar Square have increased the supply of retail space in this area. The Malay population, which predominantly visits this area for Halal food now has many more....
Read More >>

Serial System plans spinoff of Serial Microelectronics (HK) on Hong Kong bourse

SINGAPORE (June 22): Serial System is planning to spin off its subsidiary Serial Microelectronics (HK) (SMHK) so that it can be listed separately on the Mainboard of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. As part of the spinoff, the company also intends to transfer its listing from the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange to Catalist. SMHK is a private company incorporated in Hong Kong, which is 91% owned by Serial System through its wholly owned subsidiary, Serial Microelectronics. The remaining 9% of the shares of SMHK is owned by Lawrence Ho Yung, President of SMHK. SMHK holds interests i....
Read More >>

Janus Henderson Investors appoints BNP Paribas securities unit to service Singapore-based funds

SINGAPORE (June 22): Janus Henderson Investors, the dual-listed global asset manager with US$330.8 billion ($459 billion) in assets under management, has appointed BNP Paribas Securities Services to service its Singapore-domiciled funds. Janus Henderson Investors has migrated the custody, fund administration, middle office, trustee and transfer agency services for its Singapore-domiciled funds to BNP Paribas Securities Services. The migration took effect on May 1, prior to the merger between Henderson Global Investors and Janus Capital, which completed on May 30. The migration extends....
Read More >>